We recently saw a Coordinates Head-to-Head Game shared by a teacher on social media and thought it was a good idea worth sharing and building upon!
In the blog we will show you:
- The post that inspired Coordinates Head-to-Head
- The rules of the game
- The three game versions
- Free PowerPoint and PDF downloads to play the game with your classes!
Rules of the game!
- Split the class into two teams
- Each team member from each of the teams gets one attempt per round
- One team to answer on the left-hand chart, other team to answer on the right-hand chart
- The team that plots the most coordinates first in each head-to-head are the Coordinates Head-to Head Champions!
Three versions for different ages or for in-class differentiation
The first version is a 5 by 5 first quadrant plane.
The second version is a 10 by 10 first quadrant plane.
The third version is an 8 by 8 plane showing all four quadrants.
We hope you like the game idea as much as we do and it helps your classes grow in confidence in their coordinates learning!